Can you believe 2018 is almost over? The whole year flew by so fast. We’re proud to say that we are well on our way to becoming the first self-sustaining, community-owned live streaming platform, and you will begin to see this in 2019. The DLive team and I are building a platform with you, and for you. It’s important for everyone who is using DLive or thinking about using our platform to know this, because it’s what separates DLive from conventional platforms. When we migrated to the Lino blockchain all of this became a reality, but lets not forget where we came from, 2018 was such an amazing year for our community. We definitely had our ups and downs but what we have accomplished together amazes the entire DLive team and I, more and more each day. The growth that we experienced in the last quarter of the year was astonishing and we owe it all to each and everyone of you.
For those that still don’t understand how a community-owned live streaming platform can be possible. I urge you to read the welcome letter I published a few weeks ago.
If this post is too long and you don’t have time to read it, we hope you can at least take these points with you to fully immerse yourself in the community culture we are building.
- Ask questions. The concept of DLive is still new, it may take some time to wrap your head around how it is possible, but we have a team and a group of loyal users in the community that can help guide you through it. The easiest way to reach out would be on Discord.
- Familiarize yourself with the benefits of DLive. There are tons of resources right on this Community Hub for you to read or simply find another user to start some dialogue with.
- Learn about the Lino blockchain. We will do our best to coordinate live stream Q&A’s with the Lino team. Make sure to attend these live streams and ask any questions you may have.
- Lock LINO Points and participate in community voting next year. Locking LINO Points isn’t just to receive a reward daily, it’s a form of community governance that will be important for the future of DLive and Lino.
- Grow your channel on DLive and apply to become a Partner. We have 2 tier’s of partnership and more information can be found, here.
- Share DLive with your friends and family. Keep in mind when we grow, we grow together.
Lets take a look at what we have done in 2018.
- Android application released
- Migrated from Steem to Lino blockchain.
- Infrastructure stability and upgrades worldwide with the help of the Lino team
- Introduction of the treasure chest (engagement bonus for viewers)
- Published the DLive Welcome Letter and Introduction
- Launched Streamer Success Program internally. More details will come soon
- Partner Program released to the community
- Night mode released
- Celebrated a successful 2018 with our biggest event of the year – Happy Hour
Here’s what to expect in the early part of 2019.
- A re-designed and more user friendly Community Hub.
- iOS application.
- Additional gifts added.
- Community voting.
- DLive product and Lino blockchain live streams. Make sure you attend these!
Goodbye 2018, hello 2019.
From everyone at DLive, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! 2018 was about building a solid base for our community. 2019 will be for you.
Charles Wayn and the DLive team