fbpx
User Stories

I am proud and honored to be part of this community.

Username: Eric Wilson
Channel: https://dlive.tv/ericwilson

I found DLive at the start of 2018. At this point I had never streamed (or even considered it). My son has always enjoyed YouTube videos and always wanted to make his own: he would even sit in front of the computer and pretend to talk to his viewers sometimes! As streaming became more popular my son started talking about wanting to do that. He is a pretty sharp kid and is good at games and I always felt he would do well. We would watch streamers and he would ask me questions about how they made it so the background wasn’t visible behind them (the green screen) and other technical questions I never had the answer to. When I found out about DLive they were on the Steem blockchain and as a person who was already interested in Cryptocurrency I was intrigued. Eventually I figured this was a great way to get my son introduced to it: little did I know that participating in it would change my focus. As a naturally friendly and giving person, it was awesome to hang out with streamers and donate. Eventually I got the itch: I wasn’t sure whether or not I could do it myself but I absolutely wanted to try. Fast forward a year and I am a verified partner and have met an immense amount of amazing people I consider friends.

The community has grown from when I first started visiting (I can remember moments in the early days where there were only a couple streamers at any given time) but we have all done our best to focus on the community. Many streamers go out of their way to welcome new streamers. We find people with similar interests and take them under our wing. I encourage everyone to “find their tribe” and “be the change” they want to see.

This is a platform built for the community and it is up to us to shape it to what we want it to be. DLive gives great support and listens to the community and implements changes and priorities the community most desires. I am proud and honored to be part of this community.

Write A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.